Customer Profiling Case Study
Our Customer provides protection against many of the primary causes of data loss, hardware damage and downtime. It is a leading provider of global, end-to-end AC and DC-based back-up power products and services and Data Centre solutions and services.
The client was seeking to identify sales leads and map the existing IT and power back-up infrastructure of potential customers. The major problem faced was low market penetration as compared to competitors. A secondary objective was to generate opportunities for the client’s data centre professional services, including audit and assessment, migration, managed operations and remote infrastructure management and other products such as power distribution units.
Profiling of potential customer companies had to be done as per the client’s specifications. Client wanted leads generated and companies profiled from within different industries, company size ranges, and existing IT infrastructure size ranges. For example, BFSI companies profiled had to be: Banks with minimum Rs 200 crore deposit; or firms with Rs 100 crore turnover/ total income; or banks/firms with minimum 350 PCs.
We used a 5 step best practice methodology to address the client’s requirement.
- Step 1 – Identification of a database of companies that had the propensity to buy the client’s products.
- Step 2 – Desk-based research to enhance the company information by locating and adding the appropriate contacts/decision-makers in each company to the database.
- Step 3 – Outbound tele-calling to identify these companies’ business issues and pain points that could be addressed through the client’s products and services.
- Step 4 – BANT qualify all opportunities before sending them to client’s inside sales team.
- Step 5 – Lead management, tracking, feedback and nurturing to ensure that leads were accepted both by the client’s inside sales teams as well as the client’s channel partners. This included follow up in the form of EDM’s, white papers, webinars etc.
ROI for projects done in 2012 for the client:
- Total number of companies(customers) profiled for the client = Over 5800
- Total number of leads generated and sent to client = Over 3300
- Value of leads sent to client = Over Rs 160 crore
- Sales revenue growth for the client.
- Expansion of customer base
- Strengthening competitive advantage through increase in awareness about client’s products and services
- Product and services feedback, which is sent as additional comments in the profiles and leads, can be used to improve products and thereby increase customer satisfaction levels